Friday, May 6, 2011

Benefit MoonBeam vs HighBeam

The world of highlighters. Seems so mysterious right? What do they do? How do you apply them? Which is the best?
Well today I am here to swatch two very popular highlighters that both happen to be from Benefit. They are Moonbeam and Highbeam.

First, what are highlighters for?
They reflect light so they make the highest points of your face even higher. They also give you a gorgeous glow. You apply them most often above your lip, on the bridge of your nose, and cheeks.


My Moonbeam is actual size while my Highbeam is mini. Its from a sample kit :)



As you can see, Moonbeam is primarily gold while Highbeam is like a pastel pink/white. Both are VERY shimmery. The mini has a doe foot like applicator, but the actual size ones have nail polish like brushes. I prefer the doe foot applicator but whatever.



When blended, Highbeam (top) is definitely more frosty. Moonbeam has a bit of pink/purple in it.

You can also mix both of these with your foundation or moisturizer to get a dewy glow!

Which do I recommend? I actually prefer Moonbeam. Highbeam kind of looks like a eyeshadow stick or cream eyeshadow or something. I love the multi-dimensional shades that Moonbeam has. Very pretty.
I highly recommend picking up either though if you are looking for a highlighter. They are $24 each and these will last you a LONG time. You only use like a drop per section of your face....

Thanks for reading!

P.s. I am looking for suggestions of what you guys would like to see more of on this blog. More fashion? More nail polish looks? More reviews? More LA stuff? Let me know in the comments and I will try my best!  Also, my next giveaway will be at 50 subscribers so please follow!

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews