Friday, April 26, 2013

REVIEW: Laneige Water Supreme Primer Base

Today I try out the Laneige Water Supreme Primer Base in green!


My skin can often be very red due to my acne medication, so I'm often on the lookout for green bases to help balance out my skin tone before applying foundation. Laneige is a popular beauty brand in Korea, so when I saw this on sale I jumped at the opportunity to test it out!
Was it worth it?







PACKAGE/DESIGN: Very simple design. I like that the bottle is clear so I can see how much is left. I also appreciate that it has a pump! I think anything that goes on your face should be in pump form! It's so much more hygienic! The bottle is actually pretty small. It's shorter than your average pen (notice its 35mL). The bottle is not glass! So if it drops, it won't shatter into a million pieces, but it might still break!


FORMULA: All Laneige face products seems to have this distinct smell to me. Kind of rosy? This is advertised as a watery base so it's meant to make your skin look dewy and well-moisturized. With most green primers I've tried, it doesn't cancel redness 100%, but it does help. It does not leave a green cast on my skin because of it's more watery formula. The product isn't runny, but it's also not thick. Since the formula isn't too thick, it's very easy to blend out. I also feel like you don't need much product to cover your whole face. I do like the dewy finish it leaves on my skin after applying. However, unlike some silicone primers, this doesn't leave my face feeling extra soft. As a primer, I like how my foundations blend seamlessly. No settling into lines and blends really well. I don't particularly notice a huge difference in wear time.



PRICE: In Korea they are around 35,000won (approx $35). I find this kind of pricey since the Smashbox primers are about the same amount of product for a similar price.

If you like a dewy finish (compared to matte finish), then I would recommend this primer (especially for the winter!). If dewy finishes aren't your thing, then I'd skip this primer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews