Saturday, May 18, 2013

REVIEW: Tony Moly Pure Aura Luminous Pure Aura CC Cream

After posting my First Look awhile back, I'm finally here with the TonyMoly CC cream review!
First off, there's a lot of talk about CC cream vs BB cream. Now, I know that there's an official guide to the differences, but I thought I'd mention what I think the differences are:
1. CC cream adjusts to your skin tone! Most CC creams I've come across are white with small pigment capsules that break as you blend the cream into your skin. Although not 100% accurate, I like the way CC cream adjusts to my skin tone than having 1 shade of BB cream.
2. CC cream helps even out skin tone.
3. CC cream has more ingredients that is meant for skin care.

These are the two biggest difference I've noticed and they are ALL about skin tone...not coverage. So please keep this in mind!


So what do I think of Tonymoly CC cream?






Package/Design: Very simple. I like the black and white color scheme. Makes it a bit more classy looking. I also like the pump. I prefer pumps over tubs or squirt bottles. The bottle is skinny and long rather than fat and stubby. It makes traveling with the CC cream a lot easier. The bottle is made of plastic, but it doesn't feel flimsy.

What's in the CC cream!?


Formula: Remember how I said that CC cream is more for skin care? It shows in the ingredients! Lots of carrier oils (Safflower oil, Sunflower seed oil, Macadamia seed oil etc) and surprisingly....RETINOL is listed as an ingredient!! I've never seen retinol listed as an ingredient in foundation.




TonyMoly CC cream is white at first. It's consistency reminds me of white out (the kind that came in bottle with the brush). It's thick..but not super thick. Easy to blend. There's little dark dots (pigment crystals) that break when you blend the product into your skin and it changes the color of the cream to match your skin. As you can see in the last picture, the CC cream's ability to match your skin tone is not 100%. It is fairly close. The cream is VERY lightweight and I can imagine this being perfect for the summer (which is when you want lightweight foundations).


BEFORE CC CREAM
AFTER CC CREAM
As you can see, the CC cream did a good job with my cheeks. It made the pores less visible. However, coverage is not a strong point. A lot my sun spots and scars are still visible. The CC cream didn't accentuate any dry patches of my skin or made my wrinkles more noticeable.

Price: For 1.75 fluid ounces or 50mL of product the price is 17,000 won or about $16USD. I think this is really reasonable. You can often find it for sale for less! I've seen it as cheap as 12,000 won!

PRO:
- Lightweight
- Lots of ingredients that are good for your skin! (seed oils & retinol)
- Affordable
- Evens your skin tone

CON:
- Little coverage
- Limited shades

Enjoy!

1 comments:

The Serotinal said...

I like that they're lighter coverage, since it's a bit more lightweight and nicer for the summer time ^^ Nice review!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews