Sunday, August 4, 2013

REVIEW: BCL BROWLASH EX Eyebrow Pencil And Liquid

The name of the product isn't listed anywhere on the packaging in English...so I had to use Amazon to get the exact name.


My mom went on a trip to Japan and bought this for me. I've always thought that Japanese eyebrow pencils were the highest quality: natural looking, long wearing, weather-proof. But did this product make me think otherwise?




Confession time: I can't read anything!

Package/Design: First off, who came up with the idea of having both a LIQUID and PENCIL formula in one package?! Amazing! Liquid eyebrow pencils have been VERY big in Asia because it is VERY natural looking and can be more waterproof than there pencil counterparts. I like how this pencil is liquid on one end (in brush form) and pencil on the other. No spool!

Pencil
Brush











The brush part comes with a cap, but for some odd reason the pencil one doesn't.  The pencil is twist form and there isn't that much product.

Formula: The pencil formula is pretty awesome. The harder you press, the darker the product is. I prefer my eyebrow pencils to not be so pigmented because it is very easy to over apply! The pencil is verrry smudge resistant and pretty waterproof. The liquid side is VERY light pigment wise.  It does give a VERY natural look though! And having a brush tip makes application a BREEZE! It isn't as waterproof as I like though. I don't really think the colors match each other.



Pencil (flash) with medium application pressure
Several swipes of the liquid formula (flash)

Liquid (left) and Pencil (right) with Flash
Price: This retails in Japan for 1200Yen (approx $12USD). I think it is pretty pricey for a eyebrow product, but the fact that it's a 2 in 1 makes this product EXTREMELY convenient. There isn't a lot of product on the pencil side, but I don't find myself using a lot of it at one time.

PRO:
- Easy to apply/Very natural
-2in1 convenience

CON:
-Price
-Little amount of product
-No cap for the pencil!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews