Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Review: Bobbi Brown BB Cream




Hello readers! I'm back from a LONG hiatus! If you have not read my previous post...I recently moved to Seoul, South Korea from Los Angeles. So what does this mean for my beauty reviews? They will be more Asian influenced. More beauty items that are exclusive to Asia ONLY.

First up is the Bobbi Brown BB Cream. I'm going to compare it to my Missha Signature Real Complete BB Cream which I believe is popular.

Price: W60,000+ ($55~) I luckily bought mine at a duty free shop and got it for $44. Score!
Size: At only 40mL this baby is TINY.
Shades: BB creams are notorious for lack of shades and this is no different. There are only 3 shades
Coverage: Medium/Light


Small Much?


Here are the Missha Signature Real Complete BB Cream (On the left) and the Bobbi Brown BB Cream (right) swatched on my hands. The Missha one is in number 23 (Natural Yellow Beige) and the Bobbi Brown is in Light. 
The Missha BB Cream is very watery compared to the Bobbi Brown one. The Bobbi Brown one feels more like a real foundation. It's heavier and harder to blend.
The colors are interesting as the Missha one looks a lot darker and more brownish. The Bobbi Brown looks more yellow/tan.


Blended out, its a bit harder to see the difference in color. After blended out, I think the Missha BB Cream gives a lot more of a dewy finish. The Bobbi Brown BB cream gives a more...matte finish. I preferred this BB cream for awhile until the cold weather hit and I thought it was accentuating my dry spots too much. This would be a better BB Cream for those who have oilier skins or for humid weather since it doesn't give a  dewy/oilier finish. Also it has a higher SPF (25) and is PA+++ rather than PA++.

I highly recommend this if you can track it down. It is on the expensive side but a little goes a loooong way!

xoxo Juicy

1 comments:

Melli said...

Great comparison between the two! And lovely pictures, too! Everything is so clear. I've been meaning to try a BB cream. They're coming up everywhere! From a lot of brands, too!

casual-beauty.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews