Monday, September 17, 2012

REVIEW: Dejavu Perfect Liner



I’m always on the quest for a good eyeliner. Doesn’t matter if it’s pencil, liquid or gel. I loveeee eyeliners! Most liquid eyeliners are annoying if they aren’t in pen form. Pen form is seriously convenient. When the sales lady at Olive Young told me that this was super popular in Japan and then gave me a demonstration on its waterproof abilities…I was HOOKED.

Packaging/Design: No issues what so ever. The cap ALWAYS stays put and it’s slightly thinner and shorter than a regular ball point pen. I also LOVE the sharp felt tip pen. Not a big fan of brush tips. I’m also proud to report that with heavy usage of this pen tip, there’s no smushing of the end. 

Formula: Not runny at all. Pretty dark, but it’d be nice if it was darker. Unfortunately, it’s not waterproof. It’s water resistant (there’s a huge difference) but it doesn’t hold up against crazy crying or Asian summers. I’ve had mine for about 2 months now and it hasn’t dried up yet. It doesn’t irritate my eyes and it doesn’t smudge (unless there’s water or sweat). I’m not saying that this will run down your face with 1 drop of water. It’s pretty water resistant, but just not enough for me. I don’t get any weird cracking like I do when I use regular liquid eyeliners. I tend to do cat eyes with my eyeliners and if I don’t do a thicker layer on the outer corners, it can fade. I never feel the need to reapply in the middle of the day though. This sucker stays put!
 
Price: It’s more than I was willing to dish out for liquid eyeliner. Korean brands like Etude House and Holika Holika price their eyeliners around the 10,000won (which is like $10), but this was almost 19,000won ($19). 


This wasn’t a HG item for me. I’m not ready to settle on this eyeliner quite yet. Since this eyeliner isn’t quite as waterproof as I want it to be, I’m not willing to pay for it again.

Tip vs ball point
 

Initial line
Waterproof test

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews