Wednesday, September 19, 2012

REVIEW: Etude House Drawing Eye Brow

Today I have the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow pencil for review!
Etude House (if you don’t already know) is a really popular cosmetic brand in Korea. If Holika Holika’s theme is witches, then Etude House would be….Asian Barbie. Their stores are very PINK and kind of like a doll house. It’s all princess & dolls in the Etude House world.
My usual go to brow pencil was from the Face shop (I’ll do a review and comparison swatches in some other post), but after reading a few raves about the Etude House pencil, I decided to pick one up. 

Package/Design: Nothing special. It’s double sided. One side has the actual eye brow pencil and the other has a spoolie for blending. It has to be noted that the cap on these eye brow pencils are FIRM and stay on! My old eye brow pencil’s lid kept coming off and the pencil would smear all over my makeup bag. I also like how the pencil tip is in a triangle form. That means depending on what direction you are holding the pencil you can get thick lines and thin lines. Great idea in my opinion! The shape can get a bit distorted after constant use. It will still retain its overall shape though.

Formula: It’s kind of hard to get pigmentation out of it initially. You kind of have to build it up. So I would say it’s not very pigmented, but I actually kind of like it. If it were too pigmented, you would spend too much time blending it into your eyebrow. With this pencil, you build up color (which makes it look more natural) and then you barely have to spend time blending. It’s VERY smudge/waterproof which is a HUGE plus. Sticks on your brows! The spoolie sucks on this. It’s too tough on my brows. It comes in 6 colors. The color I bought was grey and its a pretty good match for me. I normally aim for browns since my hair is dark brown not black, but the grey pencil was still natural looking.

Price: I love that this is affordable. Even though you get what seems like very little product, I bet it will last a LONG time. The eye brow pencil itself is 2,500won ($2.50) and refills are 1,500won ($1.50). Cheap right?
 






triangle shaped tip
not much product...but you probably won't need a lot.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews