Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Review: CLIO GELPRESSO Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner

Sorry for the delay in posting :)
I've been busy traveling, but now I'm back!

So today I have my very first CLIO product in a VERY long time. I actually was OBSESSED with trying to buy a light beige/champagne eyeliner for my underline/inner corners for the longest time. I was thinking maybe Stila's Kajal Eyeliner was my ONLY option, but I got lucky and spotted these AMAZING CLIO eyeliners on sale! SCORE!
So let's get into it. Also, the pictures for this are quite bad :( My camera was unavailable so I opted to use my phone which struggled a lot.

Package/Design: Very simple packaging. I love that it is a twist up pencil and includes a handy sharpener at the bottom. Twist up pencils ROCK! I also like how the pencil is LONG. Helps me grip it better.


Formula: I'm a huge fan of the texture of this eyeliner. I unfortunately have never tried the famous Urban Decay glide on pencils, but I have tried the Milani gel pencils. The CLIO pencils are very soft, yet sturdy. I find the Milani pencils TOO soft! The CLIO pencils draw a nice soft, gorgeous thick line in one fell swoop. And there’s no “wait to dry” period. It is pretty waterproof, although water tends to make it appear more matte than shiny/glittery. I also find it to be extremely smudge resistant. So being both waterproof AND smudgeproof makes it HG worthy for me. The color is also gorgeous. Reminds me a bit of Stila Kitten. 

 
Price: While not DIRT cheap, I thought the price of this product was manageable. At Watsons or Olive Young, its retail price is approx. 12,000 won ($12). You can find them on sale from time to time around 9,000won ($9). I totally think they are worth it. CLIO even offers a mini set (which I have bought and will review at a later time). 


 Overall an amazing product. Worth every penny and has earned a spot in my daily makeup bag. If you are looking for a beige/champagne eyeliner I would pick this one up ASAP!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews