Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Review: Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint



Lip tints/lip stains are a huge trend in Korea. I find lip tints to be so much easier to deal with than lipstick. You don’t have to worry about smudging, color fading quickly, or reapplying often. Koreans are all about convenience and lip tints are SUPER convenient. 

Introducing: Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint! It is one of the more popular tints in Korea. Etude House is a great, affordable beauty brand in Korea and can be relied on for good quality products. 

Package/Design: Very simple packaging. Almost too simple, no? The applicator is a doe foot applicator. I wish Etude House did something more with the packaging. It’s almost kind of boring/cheap looking. The lid part is weirdly long. Not a fan of that. If they had shortened the length, it’d be more compact and easier to carry around.
  




















Formula: LOVE LOVE LOVE. I cannot rave about the formula of this tint enough. First, the color payoff is AMAZING. I currently use the Hot Pink color and I love how bright and fun this color is. The whole hot pink lip trend is often hard to pull off, but this stain brings it down to the wearable level. You can also layer more to REALLY bring out the color. The stain is NOT drying and it does NOT emphasize any fine lines or cracks. It first applies semi-glossy, but dries to more of a matte finish. The more you layer, the better the color and lasting power. I usually apply 2-3 layers. The bright hot pink effect will last for 2-3 hours and then fade to a rosy pink for about an additional 2-3 hours (total wear time: 4-6 hours). It’s amazing! It won’t stain your lips immediately. I would say it takes about 30minutes to 1 hour for it to completely set (i.e. no more smudge marks). There are a total of 4 colors. I’d love to see more colors, but I guess I’ll just have to live with the 4 available. There is also a faux cherry smell they added. I only notice it for the first minute or two when I apply. After that, it just fades away.

From the Etude House website
Swatch straight from the bottle

Price:  It’s listed on the Etude House website for 6,000won (around $6). You can often find it on sale for up to 30% off. I think 6,000won for this product is perfectly price. It makes it affordable and because I love the product SO much I don’t mind purchasing ALL the colors!
Overall, the Etude House Fresh Cherry is holy grail item. I HIGHLY recommend this item!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review ^.^
i followed you, could you check out my blog too ?
nhilovesbeauty.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

Template by Web Hosting Reviews